Most people want to treat their cooking appliances well; it’s just that we don’t necessarily know how to! Once we get home from the store with a scheduled delivery of an oven or stove, we have every intention of keeping the unit looking and acting like new for as long as possible. But once the installation is done, we shove the manuals into a junk drawer and go on living life. Too soon after, we discover we scrubbed with the wrong cleanser and find ourselves reaching for the igniter to silence a click clicking cooktop.
Here are some specific, easy-to-read instructions for keeping your valuable cooking appliances in the best shape possible.
HOW TO CLEAN AN OVEN
CLEANING AN OVEN OUTSIDE WINDOW
- Spritz a glass cleaner on the outside window of the oven door.
- With a cloth, wipe using downward strokes
- Use a dry microfiber cloth to buff any streaks out of the glass.
CLEANING AN OVEN INSIDE WINDOW
- Wipe down the inside of the oven window with a damp cloth.
- Make a paste of baking soda and water. Spread that paste on the inner window.
- Let this sit for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Use a moistened rag to wipe the paste away.
- Use the flat edge (not the corner) of a razor blade to gently remove stubborn stains.
CLEANING THE INSIDE OF YOUR OVEN
- Remove the racks and wash them in hot water and dish detergent, using a soapy, fine steel-wool pad on the more stubborn spots.
- Wipe loose debris from the inside of the oven.
- Make a paste of 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water and apply the paste over the interior of the oven. Apply additional amounts to the more stubborn spots.
- Let the lather sit overnight.
- In the morning, wipe away all of the baking soda with a warm sponge.
- Fill a spray bottle with half vinegar and half water, and spritz the inside of the oven.
- Then wipe down with just water. Use clean rags or paper towels to dry.
HOW TO CLEAN A COOKTOP
HOW TO CLEAN A GAS COOKTOP
- Wash all burners with lukewarm water and dishwashing detergent to remove the initial film.
- Make a thick paste of 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water.
- Coat all burners with paste and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Scrub the softened food residue with a scrub brush and rinse thoroughly.
- Always dry all elements well.
- When done, light the burners to check that all are placed correctly and are igniting well.
HOW TO CLEAN AN ENAMEL COOKTOP
- Clean spills immediately so they don’t dry or cook onto surfaces.
- Wipe the surface while it is still warm with a damp, soapy rag. Dry with a soft cloth.
- To remove stubborn marks, leave a sponge soaked with water and a bit of mild detergent on top of the spot for ten minutes before cleaning.
- Avoid scouring pads and gritty powder, which can scratch enamels.
HOW TO CLEAN A GLASS-TOP ELECTRIC STOVE
- Submerge one or two microfiber towels in a soap and water mixture.
- Sprinkle a thick layer of baking soda over the stove.
- Take the towels out of the soap mixture and wring the excess water out.
- Lay the towels flat on the baking soda on the stove for 15-30 minutes.
- Then, scrub in a circular motion, picking up all of the weakened bits of food on your stove. The baking soda will act as a gentle scrub to remove any remaining residue.
- Use another dry, clean microfiber towel to wipe away extra residue and to dry and buff your stovetop.
- If there are still areas with stuck-on food or oil, repeat the baking soda process until they’re gone.
A SENSIBLE & SMOKIN’ APPLIANCE WARRANTY
Part of caring for your cooking appliances the right way is getting the proper coverage, lest something does need repair. CYA, (Cover Your Assets) is a company that believes in providing comfortable warranty experiences for our customers. Once a covered belonging is in need of fixing, CYA politely gathers information about the item and quickly schedules an authorized repair person to come to your home. The authorized part of his or her title means that the person is specially trained to fix your make and model. He or she will use only Original Equipment Manufacturer parts (OEM,) meaning, it’ll be a perfect match! Click here to get your valuables covered with warranties by CYA.
Then go cook a great meal!
Who We Are