You know when it’s frosty outside and the wind is whipping and snowdrifts are drifting and icicles are hanging from multiple trees on your lawn and then you notice that your windows have fogged from your oven baking sweet delights? Well, if there’s a wonderfully cozy way to “do” winter, that’s it.
To get that frost and fog feeling, you may decide to make a blueberry pie for the holidays and oatmeal muffins for teatime. You might even want to try a new vegan dessert.
Here’s a terrific choice from Lottie Bildirici’s blog called Running on Veggies. Her posts are so informative and inspirational, especially if you’re looking to be more health-conscious with how you eat (and treat.) Lottie prescribes these specific bars for long-lasting energy for runners, bikers, triathletes, and the sort. But those of us who love extended coffee mornings and Netflix nights (guilty) can enjoy as well!
A Vegan Dessert:
Long Ride Salted Chocolate Almond Butter Bars
- 3 bananas
- 1/2-1/4 cup maple syrup(grade b)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup chopped and toasted almonds
- 2 cups puffed grain cereal
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Salt to taste and to top with
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a food processor combine bananas, maple syrup, and almond butter. Process until smooth
- In a separate large bowl combine oats, almonds, cereal, and cinnamon.
- Combine the banana mixture and oat mixture. Fold in chocolate chips
- Line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper and nonstick spray. Spread mixture evenly and top with a sprinkle of salt
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees F
- Let cool for a few hours or overnight in the refrigerator. Cut, wrap up and take on the road. Note: these will keep fresh for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or 2 months in the freezer.
Eat, Be Satisfied, Get Covered
Once your kitchen is filled with the most scrumptious aromas, take a good hard look at your cooktop and oven. In order to create perfect pastries, your cooking appliances must work well. That’s why it’s best to have them covered under solid warranties with Cover Your Assets. This way, if something does break down, service will be speedy and successful. CYA is a company dedicated to supplying customers with excellent customer service and white-glove care to repair appliances, electronics, and a host of your other valuables.
The CYA Recipe for Repair
- Upon calling CYA, a polite customer service representative will listen to your problem
- You’ll receive a call back from this rep to set up a convenient time for repair
- You will mark the date and time in your calendar (and remember the appointment.)
- The doorbell will ring on the date of your service call. You’ll open the door.
- The clean and knowledgeable repair person will tend to your broken item in a timely manner
- The clean and knowledgeable repair person will tend to your broken item with only OEM – meaning “Original Equipment Manufacturer” parts.
- After he or she leaves, you will take out your supplies and bake something awesome
- A week later, you’ll receive a call to make sure all is working well.
Click here today for this delectable deal!
Who We Are
Cover Your Assets (CYA) is a leader and disruptive innovator in the field of service plans. The company offers extended warranty coverage for virtually all types of consumer purchases ranging from high-end consumer electronics to computers, major appliances, power tools, lawn & garden equipment, and much more. All plans are backed by an A.M. Best Rating of “A-” (Excellent) Insurance carrier. Learn more about CYA by visiting www.cya.insure.